Click on the Month below to view program calendar
Connecting Families through Play
- Support and advocacy for families with children aged 0-6
- Parent-Child play, activities, literacy
- Child development groups
- Parenting skills enhancement workshops
- Monthly Early Years Community Calendar
Circle of Security (April to May 2023):
At times all parents feel lost or without a clue about what our child might need from us. Imagine what it might feel like if you
were able to make sense of what your child was really asking from you. The Circle of Security Parenting™ program is based
on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
Learning Objectives of the Program:
• Understand your child’s emotional world by learning to read the emotional needs
• Support your child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
• Enhance the development of your child’s self esteem
• Honor your innate wisdom and desire for your child to be secure
Community Parent/Child Programs:
Shake, Rattle & Roll:
This program was specifically designed for toddlers and their parents. Children at this age not only love to have the one-on-one attention of one or even both of their parents but they also love to watch their parents participate in the games! Parents act as positive role models and often can be all that is needed to help their shy child become involved.
The main objectives of the program are:
- encourage early movement and coordination using simple songs, large, and small apparatus, and hand-held equipment.
- to promote positive attitudes towards a healthy and active way of life.
- to develop gross motor skills in toddlers
- to aid in encouraging social and emotional development
- to begin to develop body awareness
- to have fun with Mom/Dad/ caregiver/ adult
- to educate parents/caregivers and build awareness of the importance of physical activity in pre-school play
Adventure Play (new location each week):
HOOPS AND HILLS, Playground Adventures, Family Nature Walk, Messy Mud Play! Watch our facebook posts for location meet up around Beausejour as we explore different walking trails and parks. Always an adventure!
Ages 2 to 5 (younger ones always welcome too even if they can’t participate with everything! Just come and meet other families Come dressed for the weather! Bring a water bottle AND blanket to sit on for snack.
Open Play Room:
A drop-in program for families/caregivers and their children. Come join us for a variety of play in our playroom! Blocks, lego, playdough, puzzles and more. This program promotes play opportunities for children ages 0-6. Snack provided each session.
Activity Bag Program :
Pick-up a themed monthly activity bag that inclu
des supplies and an activity sheet (with instructions, tips, and tricks
from the N4C Early Years Program Facilitator and Sunrise School Division’s Early Childhood School Readiness Lead/
Speech-Language Pathologist) and access related online videos at the N4C Facebook page